Precare guidelines for your new cosmetic tattoo
Since there are many variables that can affect the result of your procedure, it is very important to be aware of and avoid things that will adversely affect how your body will retain pigment. Such precautions include:
- One of the greatest variables that can affect your healed result is the amount of oil in your skin. If you have very oily skin, you may not be an ideal candidate for microblading. When the pigment reacts with sebum in the dermal layer of the skin during the healing process, the hairstrokes can blur and lose their definition, ultimately looking a little more powdery. The guideline is that if you can easily control the amount of oil in your skin with products throughout the day, your results will be a little less powdery. If the amount of oil in your skin cannot be controlled, the hairstrokes will be more powdery. While both of these options can still provide a beautiful brow, it must be understood that results cannot be guaranteed. It is advised that those will oily skin come in for a consultation prior to booking an appointment.
- No procedures can be performed if you are pregnant or nursing
- Procedures should not be performed if you have certain medical conditions such as Diabetes, Epilepsy, Viral Infections/Diseases, Psoriasis/Skin irritations near treatment area, or are undergoing Chemotherapy
- Do not work out the day of your procedure
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, power greens, Niacin and Vitamin E 24 hours prior to all procedures
- Do not take aspirin/blood thinners 48-72 hours prior to all procedures
- You must be off Accutane for 1 year for all procedures
- No tanning 2 weeks prior to all procedures – if you have a tan/burn on your face, the pigment will fade much quicker as your skin exfoliates.
- Avoid pools, salt water and tanning for 2 weeks following all procedures – if you have an upcoming vacation please take this into account
- You must be off Retin-A / Retinols for 7 days prior to all procedures and avoid using for 30 days after. Please note that continued use on/near the treatment site will lead to premature fading
- No waxing or tinting of eyebrows within 72 hours of procedure
- No Botox 2 weeks before or after your eyebrow procedure